Friday, January 5, 2018

being a parent

Its really strange that I haven't written on here since November of last year... so much has changed in my life that I can barely keep up with it all.
in december my nephew was delivered to me by ministry of social services, as my sister had made a grave mistake and it cost her the custody of her son
I'll tell you straight up that I am the reason he was taken.. the story goes as such. my sister was wanting to go out an drink and make bad choices, she had her kid and it was too much for her.
she had like two babysitters lined up and at the last minute both had bailed. I was at a work event, as well as I had emergency and had to return to work.
anyway I finally arrived at my moms expecting that I would be taking my nephew for the evening. I ended up finding out that she had taken baby to the father. the problem the numerous child endangerment problems with the father. I got worried and scared and my heart stopped..dropped and shattered.
I don't think I've ever been so afraid for anyone safety as I was that day. I called around frantically trying to find baby, or even talk sense into my idiot sister but she had already been drinking or whatever. so I called after hours emergency social services. I was concerned.. the last time the father had his son, he got drunk and almost dropped the baby on his head.
regardless it ended up social services after hours tried to tell me there was nothing they could do that the papers I held in my hand stating that the father was to have no contact with the baby, hadn't been written or seen or delivered where they could see.. and therefore thought that baby was in danger. I was furious, angry and hurt and scared.
Anyway at first nothing seemed to come of it as they obviously had to get their records together.. by Saturday night dec 2, they realized the severe situation and the proper paper work had been submitted stating that the father was to have no contact with the baby because he had jeopardized the babies well-being more than once.
it was after hours, social services that called me and asked me to take in my nephew and of course I had no hesitation.
I have always wanted to ensure the safe place, love and care for the baby since he was born. so I have since Dec 3 had become the foster parent, temporary guardian of my nephew.
I must say that it's been really strange experience
to be continued

No comments: