Friday, January 5, 2018

being a parent PT 2

Since my nephew has been living with me.. I've had to make some serious life changes.. I am currently on leave from work, I am waiting for E.I to kick in..
I have had to start a schedule for naps, feeding, bathing, and my own naps, feeding and bathing.  at first I felt overwhelmed because of the "purple crying" but once I got a handle on that things seemed to come easy..
I know how to handle a baby, I am apparently a "baby whisperer" and I take very good care of myself and now him.
I love this kid more than life itself, I love him so much that i am scared that I have to take him for his immunization next week.. I'm already trying to find someone to do that for me.. haha.. I don't like the idea of seeing him in pain and for that to last days because that's how long it will hurt :(

I never realized how natural being a parent (foster parent) would come to me.. I know almost everything and everything else the internet has been a great help. I've found great techniques in dealing with stuff, proper toys, proper blankets, and soothers, and just development stages what to expect etx.
I am told by most that I definitely have a baby that I made completely happy..
I spend tons of time with him.. i don't spend much time in the world, we go for walks, and i let him play in his jolly jumper that he absolutely loves.
we are currently at the teething stage of his development which has been really difficult but I'm working through it and learning and working on helping him.

I'm obsessed with taking his pictures... and posting them on Facebook and instagram. it seems to be a conversation piece as so many people are wandering who this adorable kid is.. and they all want to meet him. haha

the hardest part about this time is that my sister... I know she wants her kid back and I hope she does everything to ensure that.. but that has caused a huge gap in her relationship with me because i am doing better at being a parent than she is.. a few times in the beginning she kept saying she wanted to give him up to me...because I do better at everything.
i know how to soothe him, I know how to put him to sleep, i know his favourite animal, i know what song to sing to him. etx. the only reason I know these things is because I spend time with him..
I don't spend time on my phone when I'm with him (unless we taking a selfie) but most of the time it's just him and I. and it's been a month, and he's definitely attached to me.

all my thoughts about wanting a kid and being a parent... while this is definitely proof that i would be a great parent and that I definitely deserve to be a great mother to a child,
although I say all these thoughts of being a parent... truth is, I honestly believe there are a lot of children in the world, in the city that need a good safe place to call home.. and I would rather be a foster parent and work on that... so that I can share my abundant love with all

ok he's sleeping its my turn to sleep for a bit too

No comments: